* 1/2 pound spaghetti
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 2 Tbs. sugar
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tsp rice vinegar
* 2 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
* 1 Tbs. sambal oelek
* 2 Tbs. canola oil
* 2 scallions, finely sliced
* 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
* 6 cups chopped winter greens (I used dinosaur kale, bok choy and swiss chard)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and throw back into the pot.
In the medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sambal oelek and canola oil (I left out the water because I’m a rebel) and whisk whisk whisk!
In the meantime, heat your olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high. Add the greens and sauté until slightly wilted, maybe 2 minutes. Season with a small pinch of salt.
Toss noodles with the dressing and wilted greens. Sprinkle with scallions and eat up, yo!
Makes 9-10 breadsticks
Tang Zhong/Water Roux:
1 oz (25g) bread flour
5 oz (125g) water
2 oz (65g) water
1 large (60g) egg, lightly beaten
2 3/4 oz (75g) tang zhong/water roux
1 teaspoon (6g) salt
1 oz (30g) sugar
1.5 cups + 1 tablespoon (195g) bread flour
3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (90g) all purpose flour
2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon (14g) baking milk powder
2 teaspoons (6g) yeast
3 tablespoons room temperature unsalted butter, cubed
1 egg yolk with 1 teaspoon of milk for egg wash
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
1.5 tablespoons chopped parsley
Preparing the Tang Zhong/Water Roux
Add 1oz bread flour to 5oz water in a sauce pan. Stir to mix.
Turn the heat to low and keep stirring the mixture until it becomes paste-like. Use a candy/cooking thermometer to monitor the temperature. Remove from the heat once the mixture reaches 149°F or 65°Celsius.
Transfer the mixture into a glass or stainless steel bowl. Cover the surface with saran wrap/cling wrap. Let it sit to cool down to room temperature or refrigerate for later use.
Tang Zhong Dough
Attach the dough hook on your mixer. Transfer the Wet Ingredients to the bottom of the mixing bowl. Add in the salt and sugar first and then the other Dry Ingredients with the yeast added last.
Set the speed to low. When all the ingredients are well combined and the dough is not sticking to the side of the bowl, then turn the speed to medium speed until gluten forms. TDepending on mixer, mine took about 5-6 minutes.
Slowly sdd the butter to the dough in 3 batches and let it mix at slow speed until the dough looks not sticky. Be patient, this step may take a bit of time. When all the butter is kneaded into the dough, set the speed to medium and let it knead for 6-8 minutes until the window pane test (see picture).
Grease a bowl, round the dough and gently leave it in the bowl. Cover the bowl with saran wrap and let it rise for 40 minutes or until it double in size. Dust your finger with some flour, insert it into the center of the dough until you touch the bottom. If the dough in the hole doesn’t rise up, then it is ready for the next step.
Divide the dough into 9-10 smaller portions. Round the dough like a ball, cover with saran wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
Line the baking trays with parchment papers.
Next, use your hand to flatten the dough to release the air. Turn the dough bottom side up and roll it up. Seal the opening tightly from one end to the other. Roll it out into a log about 8-10 inches long. Place each log on to the baking tray about 2 inches apart. Cover the baking tray with saran wrap and let it proof for another 40 minutes or until it almost double the size.
Preheat the oven at 350°F. Prepare the egg wash.
Brush the dough with the egg wash and sprinkle with the cheese and chopped parsley. Bake them for 14-16 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack when is ready.
For freshness, store the Cheese Breadsticks in air tight container.
Yuo can use the oven to proof the dough. Remember to remove any cover. Place your dough inside the oven in the middle rack. Pour in some boiling water into another pan and place this underneath the baking tray with the dough. Turn the heat to 400°F for 1 minute, turn it off and do not open the door until the recommended proofing time.
You can use any type of cheese you prefer.
ingredientsBlueberry Swirl1 ¼ c fresh blueberries3 Tbs sugar1 Tbs cornstarch1 Tbs water1 tsp fresh lemon juiceGraham Cracker Crust1 c finely crushed graham cracker crumbs3 Tbs sugar¼ tsp salt¼ c butter, meltedCheesecake Ice Cream6 oz. block cream cheese, softened¾ c superfine sugar½ c sour cream1 ½ c heavy creamPinch kosher salt3 Tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice¼ tsp vanilla extract
- For the blueberry swirl: In a small saucepan, crush the blueberries with a potato masher. Stir in the sugar. Set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. While the blueberries are heating up, form a slurry by
- stirring together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add the slurry to the blueberries, stirring constantly. Continue stirring for one minute as the mixture thickens up. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice. Pour blueberry mixture into a heatproof bowl, cover, and chill until cooled. Keep in refrigerator until ready to add to the ice cream.
- For the graham cracker crust: Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add the melted butter and mix until well combined. Press mixture into a thin, even layer in the bottom of an 8x8” baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Break into pieces, and store in an air-tight container until ready to add to ice cream.
- For the cheesecake ice cream: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and continue to beat until fluffy. Add the sour cream, heavy cream, salt, lemon juice, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Cover and chill overnight.
- When ready to churn, remove mixture from refrigerator. Whisk a little to make sure the mixture has no lumps. Churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When the ice cream has finished churning, remove the attachment. Crumble ¾ of the graham cracker crust into the ice cream and mix well. (Use the remaining graham cracker crust to garnish individual servings.) Spoon the blueberry mixture into the bowl and mix just enough to swirl through the ice cream. Pour ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze until hardened.
Butter Beer for Adults! ;)
What you need:
- 8 ounces Butterscotch Schnapps
- 2 liter Cream Soda
- 1 small container Marshmallow Creme.
How to make it:
In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of marshmallow creme and one tablespoon of butterscotch schnapps. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir together and set aside. Pour 8 ounces of schnapps in the bottom of a pitcher, then fill the rest up with cream soda and stir gently to mix together. Pour marshmallow mixture on top. As you pour the butter beer into drinking glasses, the marshmallow will aerate, creating a creamy foam on top of the drink.
Student living got you down?
Check out these 18 amazing snacks that you can make in a cup in the microwave! Cheap and easy these are the perfect snacks!
YAY my student union is posting student snacks!
That last one looks amazing.
Oh God I needed this!
tag your porn, MY GOD
3 cups cubed chilled watermelon
1 cup coconut water
squeeze of fresh lime
Ice if needed
Sprig of mint
Put all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
Makes two servings.
90 calories per serving.
I CAN’T WAIT FOR WATERMELON… EEK!!!!
Deep-Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie for One
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 Tbsp unrefined granulated sugar, such as evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp beaten egg, preferably organic (cover & chill remaining beaten egg for tomorrow’s cookie cup… you will be making another one!)
- tiny splash pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Tbsp whole wheat pastry flour (can substitute with 3:1 of cake flour and all purpose flour)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- tiny pinch salt
- heaping 1 Tbsp grain-sweetened chocolate chips, such as Sunspire
In a small ramekin or microwavable cup, combine softened butter and both sugars; stir well with a spoon. Stir in beaten egg and vanilla extract. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Microwave on high for 35-40 seconds. Let cookie rest at room temperature for about 10 seconds before devouring.
253.2 calories, 13.8 grams fat, 8.4 grams saturated fat, 2.9 grams fiber, 17.5 grams sugars, 2.4 grams protein
If I don’t reblog this, I will regret losing the recipe.
What she said
sorry guys for reblogging porn. lol i understand if you wanna unfollow me.